Rayon is supposed to be a man-made cellulose fibre. It is manufactured from polymers occurring in nature and it could be a truly artificial fibre or an entirely natural fibre. It is also referred to as art silk or viscose rayon in the textile world. Rayon was introduced way back in 1900 and since then it has been in vogue and used in numerous textile fields. Buy beautiful rayon scarves online for enhancing your looks and boosting your glamour and style quotient.
The first ever rayon was known as the artificial silk as it was in filament form. Moreover, it looked like silk. This similarity is pretty misleading as the chemical compositions of rayon and silk differ greatly.
Reasons for Using Rayon Fibre
- Rayon is used for making outfits including dresses, tops, and even scarves. Rayon is very much in demand because of a high lustre quality that was responsible for the mind-blowing gloss.
- Rayon fibres are mainly used in the apparel world. The textile industry boosts the use of rayon in blouses, jackets, dresses, shirts, scarves, lingerie, ties, socks, hats, suits, etc.
- Rayon is a pretty versatile fibre. It is quite cool, soft, comfortable fibre that boasts of excellent absorbent property
- Rayon fibre possesses certain comfort properties just like in natural fibres.
- Rayon is capable of replicating the texture and feel of cotton, silk, wool and linen.
- Rayon could be dyed in different colours.
- Rayon is robust and offers longevity to any garment.
- HWM rayon could be machine washed.
- Rayon garments need to be dry cleaned only.
- Rayon could be used extensively in the textile industry in designer wear.
You may purchase stunning rayon scarves online to boost your style quotient.
Properties of Rayon
Rayon is known to have moderate resistance to alkalis and acids and usually, the fibre itself would not be damaged by bleaches. Rayon is a cellulosic fibre so it will be catching fire, however, flame retardant finishes could be applied.
Just like polyester, rayon is a manufactured fibre. Rayon is a unique fibre and is known to be moisture absorbent much more as compared to cotton, comfortable to wear, breathable, and could be dyed easily in a wide variety of colours. Rayon is not known to build up any static electricity. Rayon is a truly versatile fibre which could be often found in blends with nylon, acrylic, and polyester. These fibres are known for contributing to ease of care, strength, and wrinkle-resistance. While pressing rayon clothes, do not use excessively hot iron as that could damage the cloth. Rayon is surely heat-sensitive.
We may conclude by saying that rayon is a truly versatile fibre and is often mistaken to be as comfortable, and as cool as the cotton fabric. Many experts believe that rayon is natural. The slipperiness and drape are mostly nylon. It could also, be imitating the actual feel and wonderful texture of linen, wool, cotton, & silk. It can imitate the texture of silk. If you wish to draw the attention of many, buy rayon scarves online.